About Me


Tuesday 8 March 2016

NEWS FLASH - RTL now Fully Implemented on Office 2016 Mac

Hah. There you have it. Timing is everything. At least I mentioned the discovery before Microsoft made their update a day later. To be sure, I certainly have no influence on the great company.

After publishing the lengthy post yesterday. As of about 5 minutes ago, I received an update from Microsoft Office 2016 Mac, and guess what?  RTL is full implemented!!!

Here are the LTR/RTL buttons in the ribbon.



The update number is 15.20. If you have not received an automatic notification of an update, open Word, go to Help in the menu on the top of your screen, and click on Check for Updates, then the button in that menu, Check for Updates. If there are none available, tick the box, Join the Office Insider Program and try again.

You can learn more about the Office Insider Program. I have had it for a while and the only result is early updates. No fees or excessive spam involve.

I'll send out a more complete review, discussing Syriac and the relative clarity regarding vowel points.

I just wanted to get this out ASAP.

Mac users can rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment